Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The misses is complaining about the headlights not very bright. What are the best mods out there to improve this on a 2005 407sw? She has also moaned that the reverse lights are not very bright either but I think headlights are more important. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
111 Posts
bulbs

Hi bravo im confused now looked at my Haynes manual and I quote dipped headlights H7 and main beam H1 and my peugeot 407sw handbook qoutes H1 dipped and H7 main beam so I guess its have a look and see what is in there before you buy.Hope this helps but its as clear as mud to me.pete407sw.:cool:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Have you checked your headlight plastic cover it can get blurish outside with time by the sun or inside from the bulb with poor quality and weak uv -filter.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My o/s headlight plastic lense is a bit tarnished I would say. Not sure there is anything I can do about that except to replace the units. Or is there?

My bulbs are H1 for dipped beam.

G

·
0 Posts
Have a peek on youtube - I used this method ( nearly.. ) when sorting out the Mum-in-Laws Skoda headlights... :thumb:

G

·
0 Posts
It made a difference, but to be fair I did a half-hearted attempt - just enough to get the car through the MOT...

There are other methods - toothpaste for example - which can work if your lights aren't to damaged.

·
Registered
111 Posts
headlights

Hi bravo I have used T cut successfully on plastic caravan windows as well as on plastic headlights it takes a bit of elbow to do a good job sometimes a second attempt and polish with a good car polish afterwards. Hope this helps.
pete407sw.:nod:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Greetings gents, I am new here and hence the stupid question. My driver's side headlights main beam is out, could you tell me which type of bulb I have to order for replacing it H1 or H4 or H7. I followed the links in this page for eBay but I do not have an idea which type I need, this is why Im asking for some help. My car is a 407 HDi 2.0 136 sport 2007.
Thank you.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts