Discussion Starter #1
hi i have an 807 , 2.2 excec hdi 53 plate

the headlights on low beam are very very low , main beam is fine
are they adjustable if so how ???

cheers nige

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I guess you have tried rotating the beam adjuster on the right of the steering wheel low down? You will need to check the bulbs are installed correctly (easy to put them in without being correctly in place) and if they are OK then the wiring to the alignment motors in the headlamp units will need to be checked.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
done all the checks except the alignment motors
need to find and check
thanks for that
anything else ????

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I have part of the wiring diagram for the headlamp alignment, it shows the rotating control feeding both headlamps. As both headlamps are low I think the fault is most likely with the rotating control or its wiring. Can't be the fuse as headlamp alignment is fed by fuse 15 in the engine fuse board which also feeds the LH dip beam. Good news that headlamp alignment is not one of the functions controlled by the BSI, so it should possible to work through the wiring in the old fashioned way. Do the motors work at all?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
both the motors work up and down on the up and down adjuster wheel

where are the headlight adjusters sensed from
what tells them there position ???????

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
You are close to solving this, the range of the alignment motor is preset, are headlamps in alignment with the body, crash damage? I still think the most likely cause is the bulbs are not seated correctly, it is easy for someone to have put them in wrongly, can you double check their projecting ears sit in the recesses in the headlamp. If this isn't the problem you will have to remove one headlamp and see if the aim of the dip headlight can be adjusted somehow, note the centre and end of the bumper has to be unbolted to allow the bumper to be pulled forward to access to the lower headlamp bolt.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WYMB

big up to you sir
many thanks for helping me through this
2hrs later and ive sorted it
had the bulbs out checked the wiring and the bulbs only to find both were incorrectly fitted , doh !
i checked them first off but didnt take them out to check
well thanks again mate
i can see in the dark at last:lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

I would like to pick up on this thread. I have an 07 Peugeot 807 with Xenon headlights, so the automatic height adjustment.
The lights shine very low. Is there any way to reset this and/or adjust the mean position?

Thank you in advance.
Kind regards

1 - 8 of 8 Posts