Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm new here this is my first post.
I own a Oct 2005 Peugeot 307 (restyle) and I have a problem with headlights.
When I don't use the car for a while, the lights seem to go all the way down (like the level control knob is in position 3).
Then if I move the knob (doesn't meter to what position) the lights come up to the normal level (position 0).
If I continue to move the knob nothing happens - lights stay in up-most position.

I have standard H1/H7 bulbs, not xenon. As far as I know, I don't have automatic level adjustment system - just that manual adjustment control.
Also leveling motors are working, since the lights do come up and both move together.

Did anyone have a problem like this? Any ideas what could be the problem?

J

·
0 Posts
The headlights on my 407 would move up & down of their own accord at times, and just by pressing the switch (not rotating it) they would also move up or down.... solution, I replaced the height switch and all has been fine ever since.

You could try disconnecting the switch when they are at the correct height and see if it prevents them dropping again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The lights drop only when car is not used a while (few days).
Once I start the car and bring the lights up - they stay up during the drive.(so no problem with normal driving)
But if I'm driving something heavy in the back, lights go too high and I can't lower them manually.
I've actually removed the switch and opened it - just a bunch of resistors there, all of them working. I've cleaned all contacts and put it together again, but no change.

Does anyone know what voltage levels should be on this switch, so I can check them with a multimeter?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Sjelen. I have the same problem and I found a solution. the proble was in bad lamp near ashtray. I change it and now headlight adjustment is working correct. (sorry for my english:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello Sjelen. I have the same problem and I found a solution. the proble was in bad lamp near ashtray. I change it and now headlight adjustment is working correct. (sorry for my english:)
Thanks for the info. It seems that I had exactly the same problem.
I replaced the ashtray lamp some time ago and I didn't notice that adjustment started working right away, but it's working now.

It's unbelievable that these two thing are connected.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Incredible, but it really works! Thanks Linis23!
I had same problem, i asked in few services what is the solution, they all told me that it will be expensive to identify where the problem is, and then i found this post and saved my money! Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Linis23
where this lamp, I have the same problem, please explain in simple ,I am an Englishman and I do not understand everything please explain to fix my problem

·
Registered
3 Posts
Old thread I know, but just to say thanks it worked a treat, 1 new bulb (1.30€ from the dealers) and the headlight leveling is working. Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts