Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hy Guys,

How is every one doing?

I am having a problem with my 407. While driving, both the headlights (Xenon lights) starts flickering and after some time it goes off. I need to switch off and on again for it to work. And then the cycle repeats!! It is so annoying. I can't drive it in dip as it is an offence.

I have taken it to my local mechanic, he gives up.
Then I take it to electrician he gives up.
And finally I take it Peugeot dealer/service center (Last option because they charge a real hefty amount) and they too give up.

Now I am not sure what needs to be done and how to get it fixed. It is literally impossible for me to drive at night.

I need to fix this badly. I don't have any other car and you guys know how it is without the car. I bought this used car a month ago and I don't know anything about it yet.

Any help here will be appreciated. Please respond asap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And today the Peugeot dealer calls me up to inform that he is unable find what the issue is!!!.
Can't believe an authorized mechanic saying this. He says he will have to go on investigating each parts to find the issue and he will charge $150 per hour (labor charge only) !!!

With so many mechanics giving up, I guess I will have to start learning and doing it myself.

Thanks Trustme.

I don't know what ballast or indicator stalk mean. I will do some more research on it and get back to you for more help, if need be.

Appreciate your prompt response.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can I remove my Xenon lights for now and do away with normal lights? Will it have any other side effects?

So that atleast I can use my car at nights.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I suspect the mechanics have given up because they did not have enough time to reproduce the fault. You need to drive until the lights go out then check whether the ballast unit(s) is receiving current. Be careful, from what I can gather the bulbs operate on either 85 or 42 Volts AC. My money would be on the ballast unit but only if its feeding both bulbs. If the bulbs/ballast aren't getting power you probably need to contact Trustme for a repair on the Comms unit under the steering wheel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts