Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had an issue for the last couple of days where my headlights will randomly turn on by themselves. You can be turning around a corner and look down at the dash and the green lights symbol will be on.

If I just touch the indicator / light lever they go off. Ive tried slightly moving the indicator to see if I can recreate it but I cant. It just seems to be so random.

Has anyone had this before and know how to fix?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bettyswollocks said:
Does your indicators over cancel when turning "ie" indicate the opposite way after turning ,
sounds like a comm 2000 problem.
Not that I have noticed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
zooankski said:
Agree with that-perhaps adding your location to your profile would help?
I live in Poole Dorset. Its going into the garage tomorrow as its also come up with "Antipollution Fault". Maybe the two are linked.

·
Registered
406 Posts
win2000b said:
I live in Poole Dorset. Its going into the garage tomorrow as its also come up with "Antipollution Fault". Maybe the two are linked.
plenty on the forum about anti pollution fault and blocked filter messages;) i doubt the two will be linked though.
Lights are almost probably a duff comm2000 unit- get one off the bay as they are ridiculously expensive from a dealer!

·
Registered
1 Posts
win2000b said:
Ive had an issue for the last couple of days where my headlights will randomly turn on by themselves. You can be turning around a corner and look down at the dash and the green lights symbol will be on.

If I just touch the indicator / light lever they go off. Ive tried slightly moving the indicator to see if I can recreate it but I cant. It just seems to be so random.

Could you tell me what the outcome of your garage visit was please, as I have exactly the same problem with my 2007 307 SW SE. Auto lights come on randomly and indicators over cancel. I have only had the car a few months and maybe the warranty will cover it?

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Redtony1963 said:
Could you tell me what the outcome of your garage visit was please, as I have exactly the same problem with my 2007 307 SW SE. Auto lights come on randomly and indicators over cancel. I have only had the car a few months and maybe the warranty will cover it?
Indicators over cancelling is defo the comm 2000 unit get it replaced if you can under warranty asap.:nod:

·
Registered
67 Posts
You can pick up a new one off ebay for around £150 with a surcharge of £50.00. Send the old one back and then get you 50 quid back.
Cost £25.00 at my independent Peugeot dealer to fit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had this same problem due to indicator headlight column , fitted 'o' ring between gap of headlight and fog lights to nullify movement of end of column fault cleared, just awkward to turn headlights on without fog, hold both section to cure.
Permanent cure new column £140 pounds yet to fit

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ditto almost exactly the same problem! My local Peugeot dealer which is unfortunately 40 miles from where I live changed some fuse computer unit that they said is located under the car as they saif it was fused, the part alone cost £180 and it achieved absolutely nothing.
Now I am having to return to the garage again for them to have another go at repairing it!
As a temporary fix I have found that if I drive all the time with the sidelights on the headlights don't turn on by themselves.

My 307SW 90HDi 'S' is on a 57 plate and has only done 28,000 and I only bought it from a franchised Pug dealer in Feb so they are doing the repair work at their cost under the sales of good act after I threatened them! Please note: not the dealer close to me, namely Budgens of Shrewsbury who are brilliant.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Hi
Do you find the problem ?
Best regards

1 - 14 of 14 Posts