Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a friend has got a 307 and his headlights go on and off as they please. I don't think it's the switch on the stalk because when they go off the dash light indicating the lights are on stays on.

I assume it's a sticking relay, but where is the headlight relay and is it hard to remove?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
a friend has got a 307 and his headlights go on and off as they please. I don't think it's the switch on the stalk because when they go off the dash light indicating the lights are on stays on.

I assume it's a sticking relay, but where is the headlight relay and is it hard to remove?
this could be a faulty comms unit do a google search should come up with hundreds of posts on this forum

G

·
0 Posts
I think its a comms unit issue too.

The autolights feature can be disabled using PP2000 which 'should' make the stalk a normal on/off switch which will sort the randomness out...

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
x 2 on it being the Comms you probably don't have auto lights. When we bought our 807 in 2006 it had this fault and I paid £450 for Peugeot to diagnose and fit a new Comms. Trustme I think will repair yours or maybe buy a replacement for a lot less?
Peugeot in Car Parts | eBay Comms repair &_trksid=p2050890.m1602

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had a similar issue on my 206, and it was the COMM2000, a new unit fixed the issues (though did cost £120).

A simpler fix is to just turn the headlights on every time you get in the car, it's what I did before getting the unit replaced

If you have PP2000 you could try enabling DRL, which will turn the headlights on whenever the engine is started

·
Registered
1,424 Posts

My 307 did this and the indicator problem was apparent also
I used Trustme repair cost about £30 with delivery that was about 2 years ago still going strong now cheapest option available even got tech support on the Phone about taking the comms off and the refitting

WELL HAPPY :thumb::thumb::thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts