Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 headlight groups started peeling from the same place. There is no other spot. Both headlight groups are original Valeo brand and changed 1 year ago.

I think it's a manufacturing fault. The car is always in the shade. Can you give me an idea what can I do?

Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design
Automotive parking light Grille Car Hood Automotive tire
Automotive parking light Car Grille Automotive lighting Hood
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The clear coat should last longer. Meguiar's Headlight Coating system is the best I have used.

You will need sand the old clear coat back
How To Restore Headlights The Correct Way - YouTube

I have been looking into using a 2 pack type clear coat, not tried any yet. YouTube has heap of videos on various products that you might like to try.
Thank you. Meg's is out of stock here, what about 3M ?

Also can we say is it normal for these headlights to peel off in 1 year?

·
Registered
Peugeot 4007, 2013.
519 Posts
Also can we say is it normal for these headlights to peel off in 1 year?
No we can't, but it is what it is.
And 3m while never used, I do hear good things about it.

Use lots of water (tiny bit soap detergent in it) with sandpaper (never dry, lots of water) and take your time with final sanding, using really fine stuff for great result. Circle sanding when rougher sand and with fine sand, you want sand running horizontally, which will help to catch the clear coat.

For the clear coats, do small layers, let dry and build the final coat. Don't try to get clear finish in the first coat.

If you have taken lights out before, lot easier to do on a workbench than on the car ~imo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts