Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 307 SW HDI and wonder if there is a way to align the headlights for long term use in Europe --- or is it a full replacement job.
I'd be very grateful for any advice/clarification

·
Registered
84 Posts
Not sure... but how long a stay, and how often will you return to the UK with the car? I've known a few folk, who stayed over here (Finland) for a couple of years. They returned to the UK at least once a year. During a UK visit, they would get the car tested & taxed, so technically did not need to get any modifications to their cars.

I haven't seen any way to adjust the beams of the front lights, so I would guess that if you had to swap them for LHD use, you would need to replace them. Alternatively, replace the 'new nearside' bulb (driver's side) with a brighter bulb, so the curb/pavement side is illuminated more, to give the impression that the lights are correct...

But I doubt you need to worry. My car passed it's test (in Finland), where you have to have the headlights on all the time. I had just put in new bulbs. The inspector said the bulbs were not in properly, but let it go. Once the evenings got darker, and slightly foggy, I could see the passenger side beam was lighting the middle of the road, and the driver's side was spotting aircraft! :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts