Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all friend as got 2005 107 that the headlight lens won't pass mot. Can you get new lens or is it only complete new units. Any help how small

G

·
0 Posts
Why won't it pass the MOT?

If it is cracked then fair enough but discolouration or alignment can be rectified.

I assume it is a whole unit - check on eBay for prices and how they look when they are off the car to give you some ideas.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why won't it pass the MOT?

If it is cracked then fair enough but discolouration or alignment can be rectified.

I assume it is a whole unit - check on eBay for prices and how they look when they are off the car to give you some ideas.
As far as I no it discolouration

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to all of you I will pass info on. Have not seen lens my self just I won't pass mot with lights lens:thumb:

·
Registered
177 Posts
No, I don't think so, but it does appear to be plastic in nature rather than glass. I tried some screen cleaner for pc's and it looks better, but there are still marks from the previous owner's use.

P

·
0 Posts
No, I don't think so, but it does appear to be plastic in nature rather than glass. I tried some screen cleaner for pc's and it looks better, but there are still marks from the previous owner's use.
I would have thought you'd be ok then.

C

·
0 Posts
Lens discoloration is very rare on 107s. You can dismantle the assembly by gently heating it in an oven to soften the glue, but its pointless as lenses aren't available separately. A new headlight is cheap enough - if he can't afford to repair 107 properly he'd be better off with a bicycle, they're that cheap to run and mend.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts