Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car is a Peugeot 306 orage, 1997.

Noticed the headlight on buzzer/warning sound isn't working. I think the problem might be in the door hinges, but I can't locate the wires, tried looking for descriptions of what to do, videos or images but didn't find anything helpful. Should check the fuses too? I tried searching in french too, but no luck (probablu because my french is pretty bad).

I'm not too knowledgeable on cars electric systems, is it something we should leave for the experts, or is it an easy fix?

If someone could give me a hand - be it a video, pic or something - I'd be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,324 Posts
Have you checked the beep beep unit?

Does the interior light work correctly from both front doors?

Any other electrical issues with the car?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you checked the beep beep unit?

Does the interior light work correctly from both front doors?

Any other electrical issues with the car?
I'm a complete newbie, so I don't know where the unit is located.

Pretty sure it isn't working properly, but I'll have to check the position of the switch.

I think so, the rear window defroster isn't working properly either.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
2,324 Posts
The headlamp warning buzzer will be linked in to the interior light via the door switches.

Get the interior light working correctly from the drivers door & I have a good feeling the headlamp warning buzzer will start working again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Checked today to make sure - the interior light doesn't turn on when I open the door. I've attached a picture of the wires and the small switch. I'll unscrew the plastic bit to check the small switch first and then check the wires as well to get that interior light working. Thanks for the help.
IMG_20200516_135129_2.jpg
IMG_20200517_100018_5.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts