Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone elses 407 go through them like smarties? Ive owned two 407s and they have both blown headlight bulbs in no time. Cheap ones last days, good ones last a month or two then pop. One went yesterday then im just driving home now and the others gone!

Common or just me?

·
Registered
235 Posts
hi

had the same with my 307 till i put hids in but i would get one side go the one at the back replace them and he other side would do the same was annoying but since i put hids in they seem ok

·
Registered
741 Posts
My ex's 307 went through a phase of that, then popped a fuse and didn't do it again.
I've had to replace them both in the 407 once in 18 months which is fine as they're only 15ish a pair.

·
5,087 Posts
Neither my last one or this one has ever blown a headlight bulb, but i do know 407xjr seems to go through a few in his 407. Does yours tell you if a headlight bulb has blown ??

Psst i put Hid's in my last one but i'm not tempting fate on this one :rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
5,087 Posts
yea Kev's is the same, we thought it might have an issue

·
12,070 Posts
Bulb blowing could be down to either an electrical spike or increased resistance due to a bad earth.

Check and clean the fuse (it wouldn't hurt to clean the fuse socket and use a brand new fuse) and the same with the electrical plug for the bulb, giving the metal ring that the bulb sits onto a clean also.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I lost an indicator bulb this morning too so just been and replaced both headlight and indicator bulbs but the N/S is still out. Ill try the earth thing and see how it goes

·
Registered
909 Posts
seb my problem seemed to be an earth issue, and crap bulbs. I found that the earth wasn't makin good contact with the bulb. Adjusted and now (touch wood) its fine. Runnin osram night breakers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts