Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My right hand headlight adjuster motor don't work, are there different places the motor can be located? i have the Haynes manual, and there is shown a location just behind the rubber cover, but on mine i cant find it. i have been using mirrors, camera, and my head turned upside down, but no motor in sight. the left hand motor are humming cheerful every time i adjust the light hight, and the light moves as it should, i have looked inside, but no motor in sight. the manufacturer is AL if that makes a difference. I would like to take a hacksaw and open the darn thing, but the missus wouldn't be pleased :nono:

Holt

·
Registered
556 Posts
I'd get the mrs to flip the interior switch up and down and you look for the motor and the wires going to it should tell you, what year is it?i have an 04 pug outside i can nip out and look if you want?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine is a 03 (manufactured nov 18 2002) What brand are your headlights? some decent pics of the setup would be nice

Holt

·
Registered
556 Posts
Standard i assume, i took the cap off and the motor was right there i didn't take any pics mate ,but you can't miss it.i took the right headlight but left screw off cap off and its there.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was let to believe it's a 307 by the dealer, perhaps he was pulling my tail :)

Here is a shot showing the rubber caps

Here you see a closeup of the sticker, showing it's a AL and not a valero

Here's my best shot of inside the light

·
Registered
556 Posts
Well it is a 307 but the lights different to mine look just to the right of the wiring block and you can see 1 of the adjusters it's white with a cog and Alan key hole in the middle. That may be for left and right?
There should be 2 it could be a manual headlamp is the other the same make? Are they aftermarket headlamps?
Has there car been in a smash?

·
Registered
556 Posts
I have done loads of work on Peugeots but only eve worked on valeo lights so i don't know sorry.
Still it should be fairly easy to spot the motor it is quite large, i can see on the top of the lamp it had the pic of the up/down adjustment well the adjuster should be right behind that but i can't see on the photo.
I'd go four plan A and get some 1 to do the switch while you feel for the motor.
Sorry i can't be more help.
:shrug2::shrug2:

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I understand, if you haven't seen one like mine you can´t help, i thank you very much for trying

Holt

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have done a search on Ebay Germany, and over half of the used original headlights were AL, perhaps it's a left hand drive thing. it seems though that most aftermarket lights were "Valero type"

Holt

1 - 17 of 17 Posts