Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

My drivers side headlamp motor has stopped working.

It's a Xenon unit so its level it automatically adjusted.

Basically it stays constantly pointing down - this is the position the car moves both lights to when the car is switched off. Then when turned back on, they return to their correct position.

But as I say, the driver side has stopped doing this - no prior hiccups with it. It was working one night, then not the next.

Same with all the problems I have with this car - all of which have not been solved.......... But the lighting issue is a pretty important one to solve.

So any info on a fix would be great!

Cheers

Tris

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi Tristan

Not good news at all. Hope youve managed to sort it by now. Lets us know what was found so we know what to expect with our 'xenon' headlamps :thumb:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the problem is the motor itself that is plugged into the back of the lamp.

I'm guessing that the gears inside it are stripped or something.

I haven't had any joy sourcing a new one either. Chances are that I need to get a whole new headlamp !! :eek: :eek: (circa £300)

Without trying to put a dampner on things - this 607 is a money pit......:mad:

Not sure I have much else left on it to go wrong now !! :lol:

Tris

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
sorry to hear about it mate.. what you need to do is to see if there is current flowing into the motor.. it could something as simple as a fuse or a short circuit.. have a wee look at it.. you can get headlamp from ebay for £150 or a scrapy even cheaper.. dont worry mate.. look it what joy 607 gives us..

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Definately current there as its constantly "whirring" but without moving the lamp.

So either the gears are stripped or the gears are out of alignment inside.

May have a look at a scrappy's. Do you know any good ones?

Tris

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
There are some who are breaking 607's up north which is nay good to you as you are down in Swansea..

from what you have explained above, I reckon you can change the motor very easily without having to change the whole lamp.

I will check the part number and let you know..

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
its your lucky day bigman..

this is what you need...

search item number 120329905865 on flebay.. finishes at 18:00 today..

good luck

PS check which one you want the near side or the other..

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
TristanC said:
just saw this :(

flipping missed it

Tris
tut tut tut....

I dont think it would have been sold... save the seller in your favourite searches and wait till he lists the item again..

dont email him, wait till the item is relisted..

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
nae worries mate.. did u contact the seller ? how did u get on

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
hm.. I dont think it would have been sold.. good luck..

·
Registered
38 Posts
Christ.. Postage @ £11.75 for that item.. just where do they get that price from! Decent price for the unit though...

Hope you have managed to sort a replacement Tristan :thumb:

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
TristanC said:
Nope,

They replied to me but they don't have one for the xenon lamp.

Not sure what the difference is to be honest!

I will keep searching. :)

Tris
I'll find out if there is any difference...

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
TristanC said:
Any joy on this matey?

He has some more up for sale - tempted to buy one and try it....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380088978177

Tris
sorry mate, been away..

from what I can see, its the same for Halogen and Discharge (i would need more info to be 100% sure, see PM)

checked both halogen and discharge lamps and the part listed as "Sensor" is £65 odds.

now on further investigation, the item listed on flebay is for 05 which is a facelift model and this part cannot be replaced as they are different from the pre facelift models.. The part above is only listed for models before the facelift model..

I dont think its the right part for you.. but I need to double check...

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
right chief

have a wee look at this.. only thing to do with the headlamp that can be replaced is part number 3. which is 6445 HL and is about £65 odds.

now, the result is that the part listed on ebay is gonna be of no use to you and would be a waste of money.. the headlight adjustment level motor is indeed attached to the lamp and you would need to change the lamp..

there are few folks who are breaking 607's.. its a bummer to take the lamp of as one screw is covered under the bumper and its needs to be taken off before that..

if you need help, just give us a shout..

Attachments

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.