Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently bought an '05 407sw. I happened to be looking for a car and an aquaintance wanted comparitively little money for it. Yep, the first valve stem sheared off when I checked the tyre pressures so waiting for the rest to go. Am taking the advice on the forum and will get them replaced with rubber ones and get the monitoring systen de-activated.

I'm off on a last minute trip to France tomorrow and wonder how to deflect the headlamps for driving on the RHS of the road. There are no obvious marks to fit standard deflector stickers or do I just use the load adjustment switch?

C

·
0 Posts
Repair the damaged stem with the Ford Mondeo repair kit - costs about £12 and is directly compatible.

If you have the headlamp guards, there are handy marks on it to help you tape it up. On the continent they dip to the centre, so you don't need to be too exact as you're not trying to aim it off to the right or something.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Headlamp Defectoion/ Valve stems

Thanks for the reply.

I think it could be too late to repair the stem as it's now been replaced by a stock rubber one. For future reference, how does the Mondeo fix work?

As the car is fairly new to me, I'm not sure if it has the protectors fitted. There are some lines on the lens but they consist of an arc low down with a verticle line coming off it. they seem to be in the wrong position to make any significant impact on the beam direction, or am I missing the obvious?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts