Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After sorting out the rear bulb warning indicator/brake warnings, I am now getting problems with the front headlamp bulb.

It blew a couple of weeks ago, so replaced it. Then the next day it stopped working but took it out, put it back in and was fine. I just thought perhaps it was a bit loose. Then the same night it blew. (was black so defo blew). Luckily when I bought the bulb, Halfords were doing them on BOGOF so had a spare. Put in and has been fine for a few days. Now sometimes I notice it's not working, go over a bump and it will work, do over a bump and it will stop working. Pushed back in and fine for a day then will stop and start working. So now thinking a loose connection/wire. Can I "cramp" the connection a bit to make it more secure or try cleaning it with WD40...? :confused:

·
5,027 Posts
it has been known for these to 'burn' the connector on the headlight, maybe have a close look in daylight and spray some electrical cleaner/wd40 in there while your at it.

·
Registered
909 Posts
there is two springs for each dip beam bulb, they are a tw4t to see or feel. I had same issue as you about 9months ago. Wait till its light and get your head stuck right in so you can see

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm...cleaned connection with WD40 and again all seemed fine. Driving to work this morning it was working then I could see it was flickering on and off. Got to work and not working. Had a look and now the connection is even looser (I think the WD40 had made it looser). It's like the connector needs to be tighter as slips on and off too easily. Can it be crimped a bit..?

The two spring connectors that hold the bulb in don't seem that goos either. Bulk seems to move about in the holder even when the clams are in place.

·
5,027 Posts
Well you could try crimping it BUT BE VERY CAREFUL as i suspect as soon as you put presure on it, it'll break, might be worth sourcing another connector and having it ready...........................just in case :nod:

·
Registered
119 Posts
After sorting out the rear bulb warning indicator/brake warnings, I am now getting problems with the front headlamp bulb.

It blew a couple of weeks ago, so replaced it. Then the next day it stopped working but took it out, put it back in and was fine. I just thought perhaps it was a bit loose. Then the same night it blew. (was black so defo blew). Luckily when I bought the bulb, Halfords were doing them on BOGOF so had a spare. Put in and has been fine for a few days. Now sometimes I notice it's not working, go over a bump and it will work, do over a bump and it will stop working. Pushed back in and fine for a day then will stop and start working. So now thinking a loose connection/wire. Can I "cramp" the connection a bit to make it more secure or try cleaning it with WD40...? :confused:
if you mean the bulb is loose in the wire connector you could try to spread the bulb connectors to make it a tighter fit.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well tried carefully crimping it, made no difference. Tried putting electrical tape around it to hold the bulb in tighter, made no difference. Even tried electrical taping the bulb tighter into the holder, then the bulb didn't work.

With the lights on,I can see that the bulb is just too loose in the light holder. If I move it slightly and metal touches metal and it goes off. Looking at the other headlight, that one is nice and tight and snug held in place with no movement.

back to the loose one. I bent the two spring loaded clips back, very carefully to try and make them tighter. I kept repeating it until the bulb was being held more tight. Hopefully it's done it now. Will see later tonight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts