Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, read somewhere on here that it was possible to just simply replace the standard RD4 headunit (none mp3) with the same model mp3 version.

Removed : RD4-N1-02 (none MP3)
Replaced with : RD4-N2M01 (with MP3)

All went well, got radio stations, played CD, remote on steering worked fine, display working etc.

But... there's always a but, I get a constant beeping approximately everty second no matter what I press or change, on cd or radio.

Was a used head unit from ebay and was apparently working although I haven't contacted them yet. Is it simply not compatible and swap isn't possible or is the head unit likely faulty ? I only went this route as it seemed simpler than replacing with aftermarket headunit and losing functionality etc.

If this simple swap isn't possible what's the best option for replacing the standard head unit?

Thanks for any help offered.

Vehicle is 308 SW 2008 1.6 Hdi

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
On further research would I correct in thinking that the issue is a matter for diagbox to code the stereo to my car? I have diagbox but not got around to getting that up and running yet.

If this is correct, where would I find this in diagbox and possibly any such guide anywhere ? Failing that a point in the right direction to simply replaceing the head unit altogether with aftermarket would be appreciated.

·
9,178 Posts
Yes vin needs to be coded with Planet/Diagbox. Its under radio configuration menu

Reactions: trem1

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just as a follow up, changed the none mp3 unit to the MP3 version, changed the VIN in Diagbox and works perfectly.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts