Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turn ignition on and headunit has to be manually turned on.

same for turning it off, i have to do it manually.

kinda want it to turn off itself as i'll end up leaving it on by accident and the battery ending up dead

Tom

·
Registered
11 Posts
You never mentioned what type of Head Unit it was haha, factory fit or aftermarket?

Also has anyone been messing around with the loom at the back of the headunit?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its an Apline headunit, aftermarket.

no one has been messing around with the wiring no. just taken the wiring blocks out of the standard unit to put into the new one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Did you use the loom that come with the Alpine as some operate on a 16 pin loom if my memory serves me right as some have two different ignitions running along the wiring which can cause the headunit not to power off. But some obviously have the standard black block so could you possibly upload a picture.. May be able to help you a little more haha :)

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
What year is the car ? What was the original head unit ?

I have an alpine head unit which I fitted to a 2006 facelift 307 full can bus and it worked like a charm once I got the correct loom adapter (Quadlock connector). Switched on / off with the ignition. However, the same head unit in my 2004 car with van/can is a different matter. Just plugged the two connectors into the alpine loom and the stereo switched off about 2 minutes after turning the ignition off and the preset memory was lost on power off. Swapped the red & yellow wires which solved the memory issue but didn't seem to want to turn on or off with the ignition. In the end, I decided that I am going to get either an Ipod or USB interface and keep the original RD3 head unit so haven't got round to trying to figure this one out yet. I can put up with the single cd / radio for a month.

S

·
0 Posts
No offence but there are countless threads regarding this, do a search for them :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts