Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well ive got a pioneer DEH-P6800 head unit and everytime it turns off it doesnt save all the settings. ive been told ive got the ignition live and perm live mixed up but i dont know whats what cos my mate connected it all up. it is just chopped wires at the back there is no block there. i At the moment ive got the red and yellow cables (from the head unit) connected to the blue cable and the black cable connected to the yellow and green one. theres still one browny/pink cable left to connect to something? what is that one for?

·
Registered
256 Posts
If your car is pre 2003 than you won't have any issues, if it is a 307-407 multiplexed system, then sorry to so, installing an after market stereo is difficult as the PSA system computer monitors the voltage in the car at all times, always distributing the weak 3volt load around the car to the systems that require memory power, by installing an aftermarket system your cars stereo can not get enough ,mem power from the 3volt suppply,as your stereo requires constant 7-12volts.

some people manage to do this but eventaully their systems fail. My suggestion inorder to retain some memory power for you unit get power from the fuse box, the boot courtesy light fuse, which is 12 volt at all times.

Post back should you require more info...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts