Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all, I'm new to Peugeots, and I've acquired a 307 2.0 hdi 110. I've been trying to familiarise myself with all the guts under the bonnet and I'm left scratching my head for some reason - I don't know if it's just me being a numpty or whether there's something amiss.

Referring to the photo below, can someone please give me a bit of enlightenment on the following;

Blue arrows (bottom left, above alternator) - there is a series of cable/hose clips without it's resident cable/hose - can someone tell me what's supposed to be there and whether it could cause any issues?

Yellow asterisk - I'm guessing that this has something to do with the HDI part of things - does it run from the intercooler? If so, where does it run to? (Might seem like a daft question, I just want to make sure)

Red circle - Engine oil filler port? I try to remove the cap to find that it doesn't open. What is the purpose of this cap/port? I notice it runs out of the engine, but I'm not sure where to or why. There is another filler port on the left hand side of the engine block - as I can access this easily enough, I'm guessing this is the correct filling point?

Thanks in advance folks

Attachments

·
5,665 Posts
Blue arrows - Clips are not populated on 307 its a universal engine electrical harness which has the clips for other variants

Red cap is the official oil fill point on 307. Again due to different fitments for this engine in other vehicles you have the additional filler on cam cover if you had an engine cover on your engine you would not see the cam cover filler

Yellow star is outlet pipe from intercooler and is connected to inlet manifold

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks windy1603 :thumb: - you've confirmed what I was thinking - however the red circle filler cap threw me. I've still got the engine cover (removed for the photo), and I naturally thought that this cap is the "official". the problem with it is that it's either cross-threaded or blanked off somehow, as I can't remove it without nearly damaging something. Maybe I'll have to be a little more persuasive....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts