Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a good reference to how to remove the head from the 308?

I have inspected my car and I can see that timing chain failure has happened, on a 2008 model with 41k on the clock.

So need to get the head removed.

Any pointers?

I have started off by removing the intercooler pipes and turbo down pipe. But I can't work out if I need to remove the inlet manifold before head removal or is it easier to get the head off with inlet manifold on?

Also, there is the cover with peugeot logo on it. I can't see any clips or screws that hold this in place. BUt I can't get it off. Is there a method to removing this? It is the cover behind the coil packs where the top breather goes into.

Autodata says it takes 10 hours to replace head on this car ( 5hrs removal and 5 hrs re-installarion).

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
A Haynes manual could be usefull. I accept that many people don't rate Haynes but I've always found them helpfull and whenever I buy a different model of car it's always the first thing I buy if one is available.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am just worried that it might not have the model of my car for most of the things and might just use the 1.4 engine for example where it is different?

Do you know if there is anywhere online I can see the contents of the Haynes to decide if it is the right one or not?

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
probably easier to remove the inlet manifold.

the cover with Peugeot logo on, just comes off with the plastic engine cover, its all one part.

I know the Haynes manual doesn't cover the THP engine in the 207 book, may be same or different for the 308.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts