Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

wanted to upgrade my 06 307 2.0HDI SW to HID's, bought some online where i entered by reg to ensure i got the correct bulbs. Told me they were H7. Received them a couple of days later, went to fit them and it turns out my dipped is H1 and my high beam are H7. Strange as my reg states that the dipped should be H7. Anyway returned the H7's and got a set of H1's and fitted them. As soon as i switched them on i could see that they weren't very bright and when side by side with by brothers car which has 35w H7's 6000k, the difference shocking, he has a strong bright light that reaches double the distance of mine.
Would a set of HID 55w H1's make a difference? (currently have 35w 8000K), i don't want to damage any wiring. Is there such a thing as a H1 to H7 converter to allow me to use H7 bulbs?

any help appreciated.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ok so to clear a few things up:

HID is not the same as white halogen bulbs. A H1 bulb with a rating of 8000k would be blue, not white. Blue like older HID lamps. I am not familiar with UK laws, but over here (Nor) that would be illegal. 6000k (white) is max.

H1 is rated at 55w/12v, except in the us where it is rated at 65w/12v because they like to be different.

If you want HID headlamps in your car you should get a real set and modify your car. It's rather easy.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Pretty sure you need to fit a HID ballast to each side if you want to go from standard bulbs to HID.
Yea a kit is what you need. I suppose you can get the original kit from the dealer, but that would probably cost a lot more than aftermarket ones.

That being said, I'm quite impressed with the factory fitted HIDs on mine. Maybe you can get some from a breaker?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts