Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Peugeot 206 1.4 petrol and i have horrible brown murky water in my coolant bottle?
I am told by someone that it is a sign the head gasket is on way out but im not so sure!
The engine does not overheat and im not experiencing white smoke from my exhaust which are sure signs of head gasket failure!

Any thoughts???

G

·
If the radiator/cooling system has never been flushed it can go like this due to the coolant+antifreeze being so old that it has stopped preventing rusting

I'd stick my money on a cooling system flush or two and some new antifreeze curing this :thumb:

Thats my diagnosis anyway!

·
Registered
184 Posts
garyjenkins77 said:
I have a Peugeot 206 1.4 petrol and i have horrible brown murky water in my coolant bottle?
The engine does not overheat and im not experiencing white smoke from my exhaust which are sure signs of head gasket failure!
Whilst I agree with Stubbo in that it may just need a flush or so, it still could be HGF. But if oil is mixing with water then it should be happening both ways, therefore check your dipstick for spots of water.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.