Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I’m new here thanks for reading my post. My wife’s is a 207 1.4 petrol 2007. The anti pollution light comes and goes as does the engine light. This doesn’t happen usually from cold but after it’s warmed up a bit. Also when it’s warm it’s started ticking over at about 1500 rpm. After a bit of research I was thinking it maybe a camshaft sensor. However today I took off the oil filler cap and it was full of mayo and I mean full there is a LOT of it not just on the cap but inside too so now I’m thinking head gasket. I read somewhere that not driving it a lot could cause this and she usually does less than 1000 miles a year. Just drives a couple miles to work and back. Any ideas? Thanks for any advice you can offer.

·
Registered
869 Posts
pretty normal on a vti engine from what i have seen as the pcv is on the top cover, if the coolant isnt going down i would not worry.

But our 207 was like that in the winter and looks all clean now, what engine do you have?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Is there an oil leak as well? The 207 hwad gasket seems to blow in exactly the same place, the front driver corner....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts