Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
I am a newbie please be gentle.
I am changing the head gasket on my 106 1.1 petrol 1999 TU1 engine.
I just had the head skimmed and 6 thou" was taken off. Can I still use a standard head gasket 1.3m (new of course) or do I need a thicker one 1.5mm, 0.2mm thicker? Conversion calculator gives 6 thou" as .1524mm taken off.

The machine shop where I had the head skimmed were a bit vague and the Haynes manual which I just received seem to suggest a thicker gasket, although the motor factors where I buy all my spares said I should be fine with a standard thickness head gasket. I have already bought a full top end gasket set including a std head gasket. Cost of buying a thicker head gasket is not an issue.

Also I am going to seal around the oil way at the front to stop oil leaking out again going into the water and down the front of the block as the machine shop told me this was a weak point of the engine and many leak oil from this oil way.

Should I go with a standard thickness or slightly thicker head gasket?

The car has now done 60k and is in pretty clean condition.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Many thanks Mr Reliable406.
Btw what would you use to get fluid (water/oil) out of the bottom of the head bolt holes in the block? Have been thinking clear plastic tubing with a large syringe on end to suck the fluid out? I can see fluid in several of them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts