Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took the car to the garage the other day because every time i went. over 70 coolant would go so they diagnosed thechead gasket had gone so i had them to change it.had it bak today.the coolant is black with oil n now cars gone into limp mode with the antipolution fault which has neva gone off could this be a coinsidence??or sumit the garagechas done.may i ad the coolant was clean as a whistle before itcwent in.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Changing the head gasket should not be responsible for bringing on the anti pollution fault. And the coolent should still be clean as it would of been replaced when it was filled and bled at the garage. Maybe its worth going back there and asking them, if you look at your dip stick is the oil still clean? is there any white residue on the inside of the oil filler cap ?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Changing the head gasket should not be responsible for bringing on the anti pollution fault. And the coolent should still be clean as it would of been replaced when it was filled and bled at the garage. Maybe its worth going back there and asking them, if you look at your dip stick is the oil still clean? is there any white residue on the inside of the oil filler cap ?
no mate no residue or gunk.i took it bak this mornin he said its dark antifreeze.thought anti freeze is normally a pinky colour.hes filling my eloys fluid for me as we speak and removing fault codes.but im still not convinced thats its antifreeze.oil is clean checked that lastnite.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts