Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi just wondering if anyone can help. By looking at some of the posts on this forum i believe my car may be suffering from head gasket problems. It is a 1.9 XRDT with turbo intercooler. the symptoms are:-

Thick white smoke on startup (only for few seconds)

White smoke from exhaust when accelerating over about 3500 revs

extremely high water pressure in pipes

small loss of oil

No internal heaters ( fans blowing but cold air)

I have checked the oil and although it does seem to be losing a small amount there is no sign of water in the oil. changed the stat and still no heaters. have to bleed the coolant system about every 2 days.
If it is head gasket how hard is this to do as i am quite good with my hands and willing to put myself to it to save a few quid. dont really wanna be spending money on it as its an older car

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sometimes oil smoke will look more white than grey and if your valve guides are bad oil will pool in the cylinders and begin to burn at startup tapering off after a while.I would still suspect a head gasket issue luckily the cure for both is the same procedure which is removing the cylinder head. If your engine is consuming coolant as well as oil then definately its the head gasket, sounds like you have a mixture of both.

Adam

1 - 2 of 2 Posts