Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

Car info: 2001 PH3 HDI (engine code RHY) Manual Transmission

So on Friday my return spring on the ignition barrel snapped. So I took the barrel off and stripped the pins out of the lock so I can swap them into the new barrel when it turns up...

Whilst I wait for the new barrel to turn up, I have been starting the car with the keyfob strapped to the immobiliser aerial and turning the ignition switch with a flathead screwdriver. When I arrive at my destination I turn the switch off with the screwdriver, remove the fob from the strap, lock the car and away I go. This has been working fine for past couple of days.

However... I had the fantastic idea of digging out my second keyfob last night which I definitely knew was also paired up with the car for RCL. This would therefore save me faffing around destrapping the main fob from the aerial each time I left the car. I could just leave it there and use my second key to lock/unlock. Genius, I know! :lol:

Yesterday morning I tried this. Car locked fine on the second keyfob. Later on, on my return to the car, it also unlocked fine. I got in. I started. Its just turning, turning, turning. Oh crap. The car has never failed to start in all the years I have owned it.

I chucked Peugeot Planet on it last night and heres the relevant codes:

BSI Codes
Permanent fault. Key Faulty. Identification not received.

ECU Codes
Intermittent fault. Coded anti-start operation. Function faulty.

Second one I thought might be an old one, but I can't seem to find out. I normally clear them and try again later but I just get a communication error when trying to clear the ECU :/

BSI cleared and that fault came straight back.

Anyway, whilst looking around none of this makes sense as I don't have any low batteries or anything out of the ordinary, nor have I touched/swapped anything relating to the BSI/ECU!

So yeah, to sum it up, I ran the car on one key, locked the car with another... and now it wont start!

Anyone any advice or knowledge on the whole key situation?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Indeed, first thing I tried.

Bear in mind I only used the second key at that point to lock/unlock the car, not to start it.

Odd one eh?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tried that this morning (was left overnight). No joy.

Going to try a BSI reboot again later today and try again.

I can see why some owners send their ECUs off to have the immob disabled now! :lol:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
182 Posts
I think the beep test is when you leave the key in the egnition and close the door or was it open the door and the car beeps at you.

same as leaving the lights on. kind off..

alll it means is that ECU sees the keys and recognises them

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK had the key in the ignition, opened the door... nothing.

But then again I don't ever remember me having it in all the time prior to this problem! :lol:

Noise works fine when I have door open and the lights on.

Here are the two faults currently in the BSI;

The ECU one comes and goes depending on what I'm doing.

If I try a BSI reset then the ECU will respond for somethings and not for others.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And here is what the state of the odometer when the ignition is on;

Notice the STOP light and the fact the oil level needle stays at the top and doesn't return... That normal?

EML I know about as per my original post.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I think your ECU has lost its information about your car.

Some folks here know what needs to be done, something in planet where you need to add the cars info and numbers on the door.

BUT dont take my word for it best ask around or wait for the pro's , I dont know much about that stuff.

Just keep bumping the post by posting "Shamefull BUMP" and someone will pop about

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:lol::D

I think your ECU has lost its information about your car.

Some folks here know what needs to be done, something in planet where you need to add the cars info and numbers on the door.

BUT dont take my word for it best ask around or wait for the pro's , I dont know much about that stuff.

Just keep bumping the post by posting "Shamefull BUMP" and someone will pop about
Any usernames that you can remember who may be worth PMing?

In that pic the steering column controls are in bits is the decoder ring off the switch housing as if it is it wont see the key
I've taken the column shrouds off whilst I investigate but the transponder aerial is plugged back in yes.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts