Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,
I have a hdi 308 that has no power, not a slight loss of power, no power, it creeps slowly along the road. My First thoughts were blocked exhaust or air mass sensor fault. By unplugging the air mass sensor within a few hundred yards the car is off like a rocket. that's an east fix, I thought, tried a new Air mass sensor, that made it worse, hunting at idle, and still no power, just to be sure I ran it unplugged again and all's well. I tried a second new air mass sensor with no luck.
I did a code read with a snap on diagnostic, no codes present.

Has anyone had a similar issue?
Cheers,

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Hi Folks,
I have a hdi 308 that has no power, not a slight loss of power, no power, it creeps slowly along the road. My First thoughts were blocked exhaust or air mass sensor fault. By unplugging the air mass sensor within a few hundred yards the car is off like a rocket. that's an east fix, I thought, tried a new Air mass sensor, that made it worse, hunting at idle, and still no power, just to be sure I ran it unplugged again and all's well. I tried a second new air mass sensor with no luck.
I did a code read with a snap on diagnostic, no codes present.

Has anyone had a similar issue?
Cheers,
what engine?
have a very good read here http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/introductions-28/brief-faq-guide-new-members-83170/

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for info,
It's a 1.6 HDI, it had a recent turbo change, miles are 70000, I'm about to separate the turbo from the DPF to see if there's a blockage, I don't yet have access to a dedicated Peugeot diagnostic scanner.

thanks

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
full details of the car and faults i presume its a 110bhp
have you checked the cat has not collapsed
have you checked the egr (remove small pipe or wire)
have you checked turbo vacuum

·
Registered
47 Posts
Did this happen after filling up with fuel and was it very cold? I had this happen on a 307 2.0 Hdi 130 SW and it was thought to be caused by condensation/water contaminating the fuel. Check the manual for your car for the engine management reset procedure and try putting new fuel in.

When it happened on mine fortunately the tank was under a quarter full and the new fuel seemed to sort it out.

Water in fuel used to be more common back in the 80's due to poor storage by garages and diesel engined cars having mechanical fuel pumps.

Before they had modern electronic fuel injection and complex engine management systems to protect them, water in the fuel would gradually corrode the fuel pump fuel galleries and could lead to a catastrophic engine runaway. This happened on an XUD engined 205 1.9 GRD I had back in the late 80's. Can still remember the noise and cloud of smoke!

·
Registered
29 Posts
There is a big clue here in that disconnecting the maf restores the power, it cannot be a blocked anything as the sympton would persist

It can only be the maf that is causing the problem, have you tried a new genuine maf that is correct for the car?

Do you have to code the maf to the car?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I opened up the ducting and MAF sensor the other day and found the MAF was clogged with oil and dirt, and that the ducting leading up to the inlet manifold had a pool of oil, I was kind of concerned but as I'm by no means an expert on cars I wasn't sure whether this was expected or common

1 - 10 of 10 Posts