Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an ‘06 RHR 407 and I have trouble starting. I’ve replaced the fuel lines (feed and return) up to the the filter housing. It improved the starting issues but often I need to give the primer pump a few squeezes, then it starts fine. What do you suggest that I look at next? The filter housing? The line from the filter to the high pressure pump?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
It may be a bad injector leaking the pressure back when we say leaking injectors we dont mean physically leaking externally we mean internally these kind of things can be a pain to find

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok. Thanks for the suggestion. Is that something I could check by measuring the output from each injector return hose to see if there is difference between them? Like 4 long clear hoses held vertically or measuring into 4 containers etc? The interesting thing is that sometimes I see some air bubbles in the line leading to the HP pump.

·
3,406 Posts
Hi..my '07' rhr had starting problems 5 years ago and repeated it a year ago...I found that one of fabric covered injector leak off pipes was not a tight fit on the injector fitting....new pipes fitted and all is well...it didnt leak diesel out but it let air in..worth looking at.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts