Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, which is the best 90bhp engine in the 307sw. I not sure which is best, the 2.0 hdi or the later 1.6. I know the 1.6 has better economy.
Also if i was to remap the engine which one of the above engines would benefit the most ?
Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hello, which is the best 90bhp engine in the 307sw. I not sure which is best, the 2.0 hdi or the later 1.6. I know the 1.6 has better economy.
Also if i was to remap the engine which one of the above engines would benefit the most ?
Thanks
hi if the both engines are the 90 im possitive you will get the same bhp out of them. the 1.6 will get 117bhp and 262nm of torque...and the 2.0 will get 118bhp wil 267nm of torque.but all garages are different sum are able to squeeze sum more out of your engine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks for the reply, just wondered which drove better,is the 1.6 more punchy,quicker with it being the newer engine ?
Is the 1.6 as reliable as the older engine ?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
i have drove both 2.0 90bhp and 1.6 90bhp and i liked the newer engine as it was to me better pull and mpg was good, the strange bit is i like my 2.0 110HDi over my dads old 1.6 110 HDi the 2.0 to me feels better low down the rev range and feels stronger just my thoughts but the 1.6 90 gets my vote :thumb:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just had a drive in a 307sw 1.6 hdi110bhp,i currently own a cmax 1.6 tdci 110 bhp.I think these are the same engine.Cmax is quite punchy compared to the Pug but the 307 seems as powerful but alot smoother in its delivery.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
your spot on they are the same engine, the power from the 1.6 110 feels to me it dies out quick than the 2.0 110 but if you get it mapped you will have a BIG BIG smile on your Face as my dads was done kinda shocked me the pull from a 1.6 before the remap i never really thought it was a quick car then after it was done it was alot better, i still think the 2.0 110 HDi is better low down the rev range thats just my view.

go for the 1.6 110 and get it mapped you know you want too :D and you will see your MPG go up too so its a win win :thumb:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi , to be honest i was looking at the 90bhp, as they don't have the dreaded DMF or FAP, and maybe remapping upto the 110 bhp

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
go for the 1.6 110 and get it mapped you know you want too :D and you will see your MPG go up too so its a win win :thumb:
Jesus Cmax, you trying to start a row???:D

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Hi , to be honest i was looking at the 90bhp, as they don't have the dreaded DMF or FAP, and maybe remapping upto the 110 bhp
forgot about the Fap and dmf! heads not with it today lol, yea the 90bhp would be better as you wont have to worry about then costly parts.

Jesus Cmax, you trying to start a row???:D
would i do that now lol :D

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
Easy way out! Although both my 307's had DMF and FAP and I never had any problems relating to either. First one had a tuning box too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Easy way out! Although both my 307's had DMF and FAP and I never had any problems relating to either. First one had a tuning box too
Before i started looking at the forum, i would have probably just gone and brought the 1.6 110bhp, as this is the same engine thats in my cmax, which is alright for a family motor [well kids taxi].But after reading the forum, i'm trying not to temp fate and buy what might be expensive to rectify if it goes T*ts up, which knowing my luck probably will.
Cheers Al

·
Registered
12 Posts
The good old 2.0 HDi 90 without all the dpf and fap stuff is a tried and trusty bit of kit. It's the only thing that would stop me moving up the range from the 306. Bit of work and you get 150bhp easy and not so much of the expensive stuff to go wrong.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The good old 2.0 HDi 90 without all the dpf and fap stuff is a tried and trusty bit of kit. It's the only thing that would stop me moving up the range from the 306. Bit of work and you get 150bhp easy and not so much of the expensive stuff to go wrong.
Thanks Warlord

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hello all, does anybody know or had any experiences of remapping a 2.0 hdi 90 bhp.Ideally the remap would solely be for trying to boost mpg, although extra power would be nice,better mpg would be more beneficial.
As i live in a hilly area would the extra power result in better mpg ?
Thanks

·
11,780 Posts
+1 to that, I could do with a bit more power from the lump and sacrificing a bit of MPG for it.

I had considered trading up to something newer but prices are fairly high.

·
11,780 Posts
Hi Gibbo, just wondered what MPG yours was doing ?
Thanks
Easily 50mpg, maybe more. I fill up to the brim and get about 600 miles before I need to fill up again, and that's a mix of town and motorway driving. At the moment its been really good on fuel, I've done about 330-350 miles with half a tank.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts