Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Have a 307 hdi 90 estate and went to start this morning and it started but then conked out checked the came belt is ok which it seems to be but have noticed a lot or air in the clear pipe from filter connected to the pump could this mean pump is knackered.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Hi All

Have a 307 hdi 90 estate and went to start this morning and it started but then conked out checked the came belt is ok which it seems to be but have noticed a lot or air in the clear pipe from filter connected to the pump could this mean pump is knackered.
does it have a priming bulb under the bonnet if not then you have a lift pump and that could be faulty, can you hear it when you turn ignition on, you could have a leak in a fuel line letting air in

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have noticed when trying to get it started today that on 2 occasions after priming it there is a buzzing noice when the engine is off also not sure if im priming it too hard but a bit of diesel leaked from the top of the filter housing

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update! took out the fuel filter and dismantled the fuel filter housing blew it out, tbh i didnt know what i was doing. Now the damn thing starts albeit without a fuel filter, any ideas anyone

·
Registered
174 Posts
If diesel was seen coming out of the filer cap that means air could get in , suggest you replace the diesel filter making sure that the filter cap is sealing properly.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well new filter and seal fitted and seems to be running ok now only problem is out of desperation I've gone and bought another car ��

1 - 7 of 7 Posts