Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

While this might sound like a daft question I feel not, and I'll explain after my first question.

Can I fit a manual boost adjuster and how do I do it ?

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
which HDI 90 ?

They are not all the same. some are 16v others are 8 valve. Some are 1,4L, others are 1.6L and others are 2.0L. There may be others that I am not aware of.
The 1.6 HDI 90 16v has the turbo in front of the engine and utilises an intercooler whereas the 2.0 HDI 90 8V has the turbo at the back and doesn't have an intercooler. They are very different engines. Never seen a 1.4 HDI 90 so can't really comment on it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
which HDI 90 ?

They are not all the same. some are 16v others are 8 valve. Some are 1,4L, others are 1.6L and others are 2.0L. There may be others that I am not aware of.
The 1.6 HDI 90 16v has the turbo in front of the engine and utilises an intercooler whereas the 2.0 HDI 90 8V has the turbo at the back and doesn't have an intercooler. They are very different engines. Never seen a 1.4 HDI 90 so can't really comment on it.
Ok so it's a 2.0L 90bhp, 8v I think it's deffo RHY engine code with Siemens ecu, found this out cos I can't fit cruise control :( after buying me stalk.

Ok so can I fit one and how do I do it ?

·
5,617 Posts
Yes you can fit one, It is a swine of a job to do you need to splice into the waste gate actuator pressure hose. It is located on the side of the turbo right down the back of the engine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes you can fit one, It is a swine of a job to do you need to splice into the waste gate actuator pressure hose. It is located on the side of the turbo right down the back of the engine.
Ahhh ok

So what is the hose coming from the front right top of the engine ?

I think one of the places it goes is to the EGR it's like a T piece one goes off behind the engine and the other comes down the front right of the engine to some sort of solenoid.

Also what boost is safe to run ?

What is normal boost ?

I'm know I can't whack it up to 45 psi and everything will ok but what is a safe updated pressure ?

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
The vac pipe you are asking about controls the EGR through vacuum as windy says the boost control is on the turbo itself as 90s use internal boost control 0.6 or 0.7 bar is probably std boost you can probably go to 1 bar but any more you will NEED an intercooler.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The vac pipe you are asking about controls the EGR through vacuum as windy says the boost control is on the turbo itself as 90s use internal boost control 0.6 or 0.7 bar is probably std boost you can probably go to 1 bar but any more you will NEED an intercooler.
What's max without an inter cooler ?

I know it's to the EGR down the front but where does the one go that comes off to the right go ?

·
5,617 Posts
You answered your own question hose go to EGR solenoid on front of engine to control EGR valve

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You answered your own question hose go to EGR solenoid on front of engine to control EGR valve
Ok so the solenoid opens the pressure/vacuum to the EGR, so when does it put exhaust gas to the inlet ?

When it's at idle/vac

Or

When it revs/boost ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
EGR only operates at idle and very light throttle openings/overrun conditions under load it is normaly closed.
So the removal of the EGR won't really help the running of the car except when idling then really ?

Hang on a min why is it solenoid controlled then what's the point in that ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
i think you can remap a 90bhp to about 110bhp.

my 1,6 hdi is mapped to about 130bhp
I have the 2.0 90 not the 1.6 and from what I can tell a remap would not be as affective as it has been for you.

Also is there ANY benefit to a remap on a 2.0 hdi 90 ? And if so what ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Extra 20 bhp
Really where does the 20 bhp come from ?

I don't believe I can get 110 hp from boost increases to 1 bar then get another 20 bhp on top of that with a remap,

However if this is the case then I'm up for it !!! Also I have seen examples of the 2.0l hdi 90 mapped and you can tell there not right from the smoke out the back don't just want to waste fuel and money on a bad map.

So anyone know of good mappers that can map a hdi 90 ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts