Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I have a 1.4 Hdi 307 which I have owned since new, since taking the car to the Alps last week the temperature gauge rises more than usual to the 90+ degrees mark during speeds of over 75mph in the hot temperatures (30 degrees etc.); even more so if you use the air con or hit a hill!

Cruising through towns or in the UK the temperature remains at the normal 75degrees.

Can anyone suggest what this could be? I was guessing a new water pump is needed but any help before I visit a garage is most appreciated?

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Hi guys

I have a 1.4 Hdi 307 which I have owned since new, since taking the car to the Alps last week the temperature gauge rises more than usual to the 90+ degrees mark during speeds of over 75mph in the hot temperatures (30 degrees etc.); even more so if you use the air con or hit a hill!

Cruising through towns or in the UK the temperature remains at the normal 75degrees.

Can anyone suggest what this could be? I was guessing a new water pump is needed but any help before I visit a garage is most appreciated?
I would think it might be because of the different air pressure and would recommend getting the car remaped

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car has been overheating in the UK too now so I don't think it is solely to do with the air pressure?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Blocked radiator?

Have you tried flushing the system through with clean water - good time of the year to do it as the risk of freezing is quite low

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I could try that infact but would prefer to take to the garage. I don't have the time to sleep at the minute even!

I am guessing it's minor as normal driving is fine only during high load in hot temps?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Given the numbers of 307s I've seen in the alps (temps over 30C) and in mid Italy (nearly 40C), ey should be able to handle the heat. Is the thermostat still okay? Normally they fail open, but can fail closed or partially closed (had one a long time ago)

But then if you having the radiator flushed, it makes sens to change the thermostat at the same time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts