Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering does anyone know can the hazards be set to activate when brakes are applied hard.I thought the 407 had this feature but my last saloon did not have it and neither does my coupe?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No haven't checked to see if it's on planet, did try a emergency brake on a empty road to see if they would activate and they didn't.thought maybe someone might have activated them on their cars ?

·
Registered
821 Posts
I had it happen on my 407. Also the pretensioner units kicked in. But im also pretty sure i saw that setting in PP like betty said. :)

J

·
0 Posts
Ditto, not on the radio menus.

I thought it was activated as standard, can't see why it wouldn't be really. Don't know how hard you need to break in order for them to work though.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just wondering does anyone know can the hazards be set to activate when brakes are applied hard.I thought the 407 had this feature but my last saloon did not have it and neither does my coupe?
I thought the law says you can't use your hazards while moving. Maybe that's the reason the function is turned off... :confused:

When the Citroen C5 came out first, the telly ads showed the hazards coming on when the driver stood on the brakes. That bit was edited out of the ads after a couple of weeks.

J

·
0 Posts
Highway Code states...

Hazard warning lights. These may be used when your vehicle is stationary, to warn that it is temporarily obstructing traffic. Never use them as an excuse for dangerous or illegal parking. You MUST NOT use hazard warning lights while driving or being towed unless you are on a motorway or unrestricted dual carriageway and you need to warn drivers behind you of a hazard or obstruction ahead. Only use them for long enough to ensure that your warning has been observed.
So I would take that to mean that they would be OK presuming you were on a motorway/dual carriageway and stamped on the brakes :nod:

I was taught that the use of them on the motorway to warn drivers behind of obstructions/slow traffic was the correct use for them.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Maybe that's the reason coz it is a usefull function especially on motorways.
So the Highway Code allows you to use your hazards while moving on a motorway or dual-carriageway.

So the lack of automatic hazard lights can still be explained by the Highway Code forbidding their use on anything other than the above. My original point still stands...

BTW I just noticed you're in Ireland too. There's nothing in Irish law forbidding people driving around with their hazards on permanently - motorways or otherwise....

In fact the only time I've ever seen hazards used on a motorway in Ireland is a "thank you" when someone moves out of the way. Or when someone's on the hard shoulder taking a phone call... :nono:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well it's handy on a motorway as you know someone is braking hard so you don't hit them.I found out today when a dog came flying across the road I braked and realised my hazards came on

·
5,027 Posts
Well it's handy on a motorway as you know someone is braking hard so you don't hit them.I found out today when a dog came flying across the road I braked and realised my hazards came on
and a little brown stain on the drivers seat:lol::lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts