Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I took my 307 for mot on tues. When i collected it mechanic said hazards came on for no apparent reason during test. He did not say how he turned them off, but when i got home after being parked for an hour i went out to car and they were flashing again.Tried to switch off to no avail, so disconnected battery. removed hazard switch reconnected battery but still flashing with no switch connected, is this possible. I am awaiting new switch but not convinced this will cure problem as i thought disconnecting switch(if faulty ) would turn them off. Or does it need a working switch connected to turn them off. Could anyone give some advice. thanks Dave

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Hi I took my 307 for mot on tues. When i collected it mechanic said hazards came on for no apparent reason during test. He did not say how he turned them off, but when i got home after being parked for an hour i went out to car and they were flashing again.Tried to switch off to no avail, so disconnected battery. removed hazard switch reconnected battery but still flashing with no switch connected, is this possible. I am awaiting new switch but not convinced this will cure problem as i thought disconnecting switch(if faulty ) would turn them off. Or does it need a working switch connected to turn them off. Could anyone give some advice. thanks Dave
Check for signs of water on bsi and try a bsi reset

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Trustme, Thanks for quick reply. Have checked BSI no signs of water ingress, when i try bsi reset as soon as i reconnect battery the hazards start to flash, which i assume wakes up bsi, before i can go through procedure of turning on side lights etc. I am puzzled as to why they still flash with switch removed. I am still awaiting new switch from peugeot breaker, When i spoke to him on phone explaining i needed switch with brown plug on rear not the numerous ones i found on ebay with different type plug, he said he had 2 but both were faulty as they did not stay in when pressed and sprung back. I said i was pretty sure that was what they were meant to do, am i correct?. I have read codes with delphi ds 150 e ( which read codes when i had an airbag fault) but that lists no codes. What is the chances of switch being my problem or are we looking at expensive Bsi replacement. Sorry this post is so long cheers Dave

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hm, when you do sudden stop on some models it will automatically turn on hazard lights not sure how it can be related but I guess it also goes thru BSI, but trustme's signature bears good advice

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, Thanks for all the good advice and info found on forum. Fitted the new switch and hey presto all is working fine . Thanks again Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts