Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

You may have noticed the Peugeotforums.com main forums page has been changing. Unused sections like Sightings and Ride of the Month have gone, the list of other manufacturers is now changed to a drop down and brand new section, Dealer Reviews, is now there.

We've also put the Forum Rules on top of every section for easy reference and updated your Moderation team's details so you know who we are and how to contact us if needed.

Stevoxsi is currently deleting old, out of date sticky threads so members don't waste their time reading 'old info'.

We are working behind the scenes to 'refresh' the whole forum experience for the everyone to make the forum more useable, accurate, professional and safe place to talk Peugeot.

Now, we call on you all to have your say on what you think we need to do to improve the forum. Likes/dislikes, preferences, suggestions, opinions, pointers are all welcome so we can see how we can continue to modernise and focus the whole forum.

Ultimately, we all log on here as we enjoy it, so any help from you can only enhance all our experience on here.

Please feel free here, (or PM any Mod if you prefer) to discuss, voice your ideas on how we can continue to make this the best site for all things Peugeot.

Thanks everyone for this and your continued support of the Peugeotforums.com.

Paul

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Good stuff, especially clearing out all the old stickies that have dead links, are out of date etc !

Some suggestions..
1. Get members to fill in where they are from when joining up, this will greatly assist in figuring out what sort of specific advice to give them. i.e. if in Europe somewhere, their car is most likely LHD and need advice specific to this fact..
2. Like your new Dealer Reviews forum, we need a forum for recommending workshops that are really knowledgeable in Peugeot and have specific diagnostic equipment for them which result in happy endings for the owner.
3. Need some way of getting people to post what car/engine they have when asking for help, so many lately where there is no hint of what they have.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Hi Paul,

Can I have a Traveller forum page please. I'd be able to go in there and be alone and play...

Grumpy

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I think any threads relating to the illegal and selfish practice of removing DPFs should be removed.

Reactions: rustyroger

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
I think we need a sticky of common issues and their causes like
The dreaded anti pollution fault !!!
How to change a key case PROPERLY
Car wont start how to do the beep test
Changing radios and the problems it can cause

These things are posted every few weeks and a sticky page to send posters to would be better than repeating the same info over and over

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
I think any threads relating to the illegal and selfish practice of removing DPFs should be removed.
Technically not illegal to do. The issue is the use of such vehicles on the road. Problem is where do we stop? Talk of red diesel or hid kits would fall under the same category. We can certainly regulate talk of such things but a ban on them, no.

These things are posted every few weeks and a sticky page to send posters to would be better than repeating the same info over and over
If someone would like to do a how 2 guide on such issues that'd be an ideal place to send folk!

Reactions: mooi1uk

·
Registered
1,140 Posts

Definitely need all the above and more!

When the Tech Section was added, this is what I thought would be it's purpose..? Also, when these how-to's are added, the thread should be locked so it does not turn into a mess. Any updates can be added by a mod. Keeps it simple and easy to use then.

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
How about locked how2's with a discussion thread for each one?

Reactions: Beau and trem1

·
Administrator
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Definitely need all the above and more!

When the Tech Section was added, this is what I thought would be it's purpose..? Also, when these how-to's are added, the thread should be locked so it does not turn into a mess. Any updates can be added by a mod. Keeps it simple and easy to use then.
Good point Will.

I've just looked at the Tech section and, to me, its lost its way some time ago and not now serving its intended purpose. It's full of model specific posts which really should have gone onto the relevant model section. Stevo has put a post there reminding members not to do it at risk of deletion.

We haven't been deleting them so we Mods now need to delete them and restore the Tech section back to it original intention.

As an idea, (hopefully encapsulating your proposal Will), we clear the section and add only the mentioned 'How to walkthroughs' as Sticky threads then lock them.

As more how to's are submitted, we Mods add them.

Underneath members can start new threads if they are having issues with the walkthrough and need more advice....all other, non relevant threads deleted.

If this is agreed by all, we need someone to either point us to/identify some already posted How to's for us to move to the Tech section or someone who is willing to do some, post them there for us to Sticky and lock.

In the meantime we will 'clean up' Tech section as that's part of our tiding up the forum anyway.

All agree?

Paul

·
Administrator
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We are going to clean up the Tech section as discussed, so if anyone wantsd to post a 'How to guide' or knows where on the forum there are some we can get that section back on track.

Thanks for your input Will and Reliable. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I will put together some how-to's/solutions to problems, used to do it on another car forum I moderated.

Keeping the Tech Section only for tech help/advice/how-to's/solutions to common problems will be great.

How about locked how2's with a discussion thread for each one?
Great idea, take it the discussion thread will be a separate sub-forum under each how-to?

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
At the minute I think we'll just put a link to a discussion thread on the bottom of each how2, see how things go!

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
I would back the suggestion that Location should be a mandatory field in the registration process so that posters' rough location would be on display on every post. Helps to focus the correct response.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
One problem with "how to" guides is that they get followed by numerous posts of why that specific method won't work on a 1983 watchamacallit.

Might be better to have the guides but lock the topic to prevent this.

·
Administrator
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
One problem with "how to" guides is that they get followed by numerous posts of why that specific method won't work on a 1983 watchamacallit.

Might be better to have the guides but lock the topic to prevent this.
The How to guides will all be locked Brian for that very reason.

@Will...I have moved, stickied and locked your first How to guide to Tech section.

I'm also on page 9 of 12 moving the existing threads to their specific model sections...hard work, so had a beer while doing it! Will finish tomorrow last 3 pages!

·
Administrator
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Paul,

Can I have a Traveller forum page please. I'd be able to go in there and be alone and play...

Grumpy
We're discussing that now Billy (no mates :D), and the possibility of creating sub forums for all Peugeot vans by model.

Thanks for the suggestion.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts