Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just curious to see how many people have had an oil leak and where you found the leak to be from ? Im just curious as im having an oil leak and the oil is sitting around the injectors cant find where its coming from, just went to a garage as i was going to trade it in for a 307 se sw 1.6 hdi save the hassle and when i lifted the bonnet on the se sw it also had oil all around the injectors an the engine was covered way worse than mine. So i didnt buy it and im just wondering this must be a common leak where ever its from. going to strip it down abit now see if i can find it

D

·
0 Posts
All you have to do is aluminium weld it if its leaking. No need of a new cover.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All you have to do is aluminium weld it if its leaking. No need of a new cover.
Ah i see excuse me for sounding dumb but u mean weld a piece of aluminium over hole or is this a different type of welding ? And if thats the case i might just go swap mine for the sw and repair the problem on the sw if that is the problem as sw was in better condition than mine and had more gadgets plus 3rd row seats and 20k lower mileage just 2 years older than mine it was a 55 and mines 57 but mines on 96k what u think ? The sw had excellent condition interior and exterior mines got a few dinks and interior burns ect and my coms now has a resister in to keep airbag lite off

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You realize you have no airbag working with a resistor in place.
Yes mate i dont mind i never had an airbag in my cars years ago lol the guy who repairs them told me to do it as he cnt repair a com 2005 an it saves me 180 but i only put it in there until everything else is sorted then i was going to get a new coms.
Could you explain about the welding please do you weld a piece of alloy over the hole ? Or am i best taking it to a metal workers and letting them do it ? Also if you remover the cam shafts from the case how do you make sure there back in right position on both shafts ?

D

·
0 Posts
£180 for saving life. Not worth it in my opinion.

Is it leaking out a hole made by the chain or not? Did.you strip it?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
£180 for saving life. Not worth it in my opinion.

Is it leaking out a hole made by the chain or not? Did.you strip it?
Hi yes stripped it good news is no hole from chain. Bad news is its still injector number 3 i cleaned everything y i had it apart so no oil or diesel anywhere, put it all back together drove around block and there was black liquid around injector 3 cleaned it away went round block again same amount of black fluid around it again. I used a seat cutter cleaned injector good which was a new injector anyway and its still leaking i dont know why also y is the liquid black surely it should b greenish if its diesel how fast does it turn black going through system ? Also found another problem posting it below

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Air dosier valve. Common leak area too.
When you do injector how do you clean the seat ? I was thinking about welding a dremel soft wire brush onto a long drill bit then using that to clean it up then cut it ? My cutter only cuts the inner part of the seat is this normal ?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And i dont understand how oil is coming from injector hole. Are these sleeves pressed in ? Im wondering if its leaking from around top of sleeve

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Finally found out the problem, silicone seal under top case has broke down leaking oil into injector sleeve and probably causing my low oil pressure warnings after motorways

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Where is that seal ? Always good too know just in case lol

Well done !

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Im not sure just gave it to my uncles friend who rebuilds engines due to low oil pressure from worn parts and thats what he said. He said ive done injector seals ok no diesel is leaking only oil from injector 3 an he said thats the only possible explanation is cylinder head seal gone around injector. And the seal is silicone you can buy kit off ebay for timing chain and all seals and washers and silicone for 87 bargain

1 - 20 of 23 Posts