Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I've just bought a used 107, but I'm a bit concerned where I stand regarding it's warranty.

It's a 56 plate (registered September 2006) with 8000 miles, but according to the service book it has not had a service!!!

From what I understand, it should have been in for a 1st service at 6000 miles or 6 months (whichever was sooner) for free.

Have I lost the warranty altogether? Or can I still salvage the warranty by taking it into a Peugeot dealer for a service? If yes, I'm guessing I can't get the free 6 month 1st service but it may have to be a full service?

Any comments appreciated!!
Thanks!

Riad

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Riad,

Hhmmm, Fairly difficult one to gauge.

The Warranty supplied when buying a new car covers certain parts and labour for the time period stated on the warranty.

Now when you buy a second hand car as long as the warranty is still valid, then in theory you should still be able to use the warranty, but it depends on the contractual basis of the individual warranty as to whether that particular vehicle needs to be serviced by Peugeot or an authorized dealer in order for the warranty you have to remain valid.

It's quite hard to get a definitive answer, you will need to read the warranty from cover to cover and then my suggestion would be to call several Peugeot dealers to get an average answer as some may vary from others - i know it should be the same across the board but unfortunately it isn't.

Good Luck and post back with your finds

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fair enough.

I'm guessing though at the very least that I need to take the car into the local Peugeot garage for a full service as soon as possible though?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.