Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, weirdest thing happened to me yesterday, i unlocked my car as usual with fob, got in the car started it n then the car horn goes off continuously and the doors relock, but when i try to shut it up by hitting the horn pad it didnt have no effect, had to disconnect battery, reconnect, then it did it again after i locked the car up by the fob and unlocked it. 3 attempts later n doing nothing different but using the spare key fob the car started fine and has been fine since then but u know once these fings happen its bound to do it again so i want to solve the problem now before it decides to do it to me at silly o'clock in the morning and wakes up the neighbour hood lol any ideas people:thumb:

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
you say it works fine with your spare, but not with your key. so it sounds to me it could be the keys at fault.

such as the transponder code or battery. what i think i am trying to say here is the code is not getting to the alarm/immobiliser and since this is happening it will sound the alarm if it thinks it is being stolen.

not sure if that how it works but that whats it sounds like is happening.

hope this helps in some way

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmmmm

yeah i know my batteries in both fobs are low it warns me when i insert the key, i didnt know that it would do this as i would have got em renewed ages ago, would the alarm still go off then even if i deactivate the alarm n that by unlocking doors by the button on the fob?? many thanks for your inputt guys much appreciated,

maybe you like to help me on another snag that comes up, im getting a Auto Lighting fault light come on first instance starting the car, yet it seems all lights are working fine i.e they all come on, any idea lads.

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
oh right, im not sayin it is definate, its the unit that hold all the indicator and wiper stalks, will need to get diagnosed with planet (or dealer). the units go for between £150-£180 as there are different models with different switches. and it can be if you know what your doing, your steering wheel and airbag have to come off to renew.

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
just a money saving tip: if you can find someone in your local area with peugeot planet (map is on here somewhere) you could save a load of cash instead of paying you local garage like £45 for half hour or £90 an hour (thats what it is here - gateshead)

and it is the same tool as the dealership use. :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts