Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 307 Hdi 90 BHP '05 has developed a fault.
It is near enough impossible to get it in 1st gear (it feels like you can't press the clutch pedal in far enough, although it goes to the floor alright) you can select 2nd gear a tad hard but not impossible and 3rd gear quite easely. Its driving off from stationairy that is quite difficult and also coming to a halt and getting the car out of gear is hard.
Driving along is no problem at all.
The clutch isn't slipping, it's just the gear selection that is affected. It started with shaking of the clutch pedal when you pushed it to the floor.
I initialy thought that it was caused by a worn engine mount or something.

Does this sound like the clutch has gone? and if so is that easy to do.

Thanks!

Martin

·
Registered
535 Posts
It could be that the gear linkage is worn* - not uncommon. Replacement parts are (I am told) quite reasonably priced.

*Although I admit I don't like the sound of the shaking clutch pedal, do these have dual mass flywheels?

C

·
0 Posts
The 2 litre 90 has a solid flywheel, the 1.6 a DMF (but no FAP)..

It'd be worth checking the clutch master and slave cylinders are working (I'm not a 307 specilist so I'm assuming they're hydraulic like most other modern pugs). The fluid is shared with the brake master cylinder, so it's also worth checking your brake fluid level hasn't dropped if you do find a leak.

Good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick replies!

The fluid levels are as they should be, so I believe it is safe to assume that it actually is the clutch.

Has any of you guys a howto guide for that?
(problem is that I was made redundant and am at the moment on a very strict budget)

Thanks in advance!

Martin

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
if your a competant mech, i would buy a haynes and look through that, comes with all the pics etc. shows how to replace and fix clutch, if you feel you can do it

i just got a new clutch myself after the clutch dissappearing, followed by smoke, followed by no smoke and a squeel when clutch is pressed.

new valeo clutch £117 (eurocarparts)
fitting from a garage (£120)
tow to garage (£15)
feel of a new clutch in car - Priceless (sorry i had to :lol:)

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
chopper1192 said:
The 2 litre 90 has a solid flywheel, the 1.6 a DMF (but no FAP)..

It'd be worth checking the clutch master and slave cylinders are working (I'm not a 307 specilist so I'm assuming they're hydraulic like most other modern pugs). The fluid is shared with the brake master cylinder, so it's also worth checking your brake fluid level hasn't dropped if you do find a leak.

Good luck.
just to let you know:
your totally right, chopper, car has a master and slave clutch cylinder that uses the same fluid as the brakes :thumb:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cck2k9 said:
if your a competant mech, i would buy a haynes and look through that, comes with all the pics etc. shows how to replace and fix clutch, if you feel you can do it

i just got a new clutch myself after the clutch dissappearing, followed by smoke, followed by no smoke and a squeel when clutch is pressed.

new valeo clutch £117 (eurocarparts)
fitting from a garage (£120)
tow to garage (£15)
feel of a new clutch in car - Priceless (sorry i had to :lol:)
120 quid to fit a clutch, I could stretch that far. I was quoted 450 by a local garage (incl clutch). I better start calling around a bit :nod:
cheers for the replies :lol:

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
yeah it is best to shop around when i rang around i got, to fit the clutch only (already had part):

peugeot independants: £250
mr clutch autocenters (heard bad things about them) : £200
pelaw autocenters : £140 but couldnt get the car in for another week
hoddy's recovery: £120 with £15 tow, and so far so good, it feels better than new

C

·
0 Posts
Try and get an LuK clutch. They're less prone to prematurely wearing/slipping on the 90, and may also be a touch cheaper.

Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts