Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the car battery replaced a couple of weeks ago, and although it is probably unconnected, in the last few days have had a problem with hard brake pedal when starting in the morning and leaving work. The pedal is hard for just 3-5 seconds after turning the key, then the brakes operate as normal. There is no mid-journey brake problem. Took it back to garage, they've had the wheels off and gone under the bonnet and tested for leaks and vacuum but couldn't find a fault. So they replaced the one-way valve which they thought might be not working as efficiently as it could. But this didn't resolve the problem. They are now suggesting the only other thing might be the servo. Anybody any other ideas? Thanks.

·
5,041 Posts
my best guess is the vacuum pump :nod:

·
Registered
405 Posts
What's it like if you pump it before starting the car/turning on ignition? If it doesn't go all the way down, and then when you start it get pressure, I would say its servo. Quick and easy test.

·
5,041 Posts
my vac pump was playing up a couple of years ago and first 30 seconds or so on first start up it was as is the brake pedal was seized rather than just no servo assistance

1 - 4 of 4 Posts