Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to find an annoying oil leak at the back of the engine on a 405 GLTD diesel and whilst I was crawling about underneath I noticed a sensor hanging down in mid air not attached to anything!! ( crawled under the offside front of the car).

It looks like a crank or speed sensor and it is attached via a twin wire and the second wire also with a sensor attached is fitted in a small housing just above the driveshaft centre bearing casing.

I couldn't see where the hanging one should go as I needed to get the car higher off the ground so at the moment I have tucked it beside the oil feed pipe. Any clues would be welcome so I can put it back where it belongs

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is your speedo working ?

The sensor is a small plastic unit driven by the right hand drive shaft.Its located where the shaft enters the diff` housing.
Thanks for the reply. Yes the speedo is working and there is one sensor in there. Its just the other one that is hanging down from the same wire wire plug that I trying to identify

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Photo of Sensors

Just to update everyone here is a photo of the sensors. Still trying to find the leaks. I did find a minor one on the sump plug washer even though it is a new one so cleaned and fixed that but as you can see its not so easy elsewhere!! Cleaning up as much as possible see 2nd photo

Maybe I should start a competition on Spot the leak not sure sure what to offer the prize winner perhaps a 5 litre can of oil!!!

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.