Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all on my mot the guy explained the handbrake on the left hand side isnt releasing to the stop. a few mm from it. the brake doesnt rub but it seems the only way to move it back is to push it with a screwdriver.

the caliper sounds a bit rough when doing so. i have sprayed it up as told by the mot guy but no luck. the handbrake cable is free and it routed fine

is it a major problem like this. can the caliper be stripped down or worth just waiting and changing the caliper

·
Registered
160 Posts
Caliper can stick. But then it would usually stick when you use regular brakes as well, as I assume all 307's have the handbrake to caliper sollution. If caliper is stuck you will usually feel some resistance before it comes loose and slides in. It will usually also be visible damage/rust to the caliper piston.

Generally the fault is a bad handbrake wire, but it can also be the little lever thingy on the caliper.

·
Registered
38 Posts
hi all on my mot the guy explained the handbrake on the left hand side isnt releasing to the stop. a few mm from it. the brake doesnt rub but it seems the only way to move it back is to push it with a screwdriver.

the caliper sounds a bit rough when doing so. i have sprayed it up as told by the mot guy but no luck. the handbrake cable is free and it routed fine

is it a major problem like this. can the caliper be stripped down or worth just waiting and changing the caliper
Mine does the same I assumed it would be a new caliper

·
Registered
14,268 Posts
If the cable is free and the lever does not return then the best option is to replace as the calipers are not really easy to repair if its working ok then just look out for 1 going cheap then change it.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the caliper seems quite creaky when you force it back. it doesnt rub and the caliper works fine. the mot guy just said it may come off the cam or something when the pads wear down. if i need to replace anyway its not a major issue

1 - 5 of 5 Posts