Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very occasionally, I get a warning on the dash display of Handbrake. It flashes up after starting the car, with a beep, and then disappears within a split second - you got to be quick to actually see it! When it was in Peugeot for another job, no faults were found on the memory, so this one isn't leaving behind any traces. Any ideas what may be causing it?

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
are you suffering with any abs faults? The reason i ask is because when mine was suffering with abs faults, it messed with the speedo (abs speed sensors) so when i was stopped at traffic lights in neutral with handbrake on, the handbrake warning will go off because the sensors where faulty sending the speedo needle to about 10mph and jumped around.

have a look to see when you start (when the warning goes off) at the speedo and see if the needle moves, more than it should.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No other faults are apparent incl. ABS, and the 'Self Check' all comes back fine.
Its only done it 2 or 3 times in as many months, so not too much a problem, just wandered if it was something easy to stop occuring.
I will have a look at speedo if it does it again. It has only ever done it when first switching the car on.

·
5,027 Posts
mine does this sometimes, i THINK it does it when i apply the handbrake before ive fully stopped while parking on the drive. it does it on the next start, but ive never tried to 'make' it do it to test it
others may know different tho
Neil

·
Registered
535 Posts
For the handbrake check the switch that activates the warning. If it's like the 406, it's under the centre console. Sometimes the contacts get dirty.

·
5,027 Posts
PureJoe said:
For the handbrake check the switch that activates the warning. If it's like the 406, it's under the centre console. Sometimes the contacts get dirty.
yep a 'workout' for a few seconds normally cleans it

·
5,027 Posts
PureJoe said:

·
5,027 Posts
PureJoe said:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
trem1 said:
mine does this sometimes, i THINK it does it when i apply the handbrake before ive fully stopped while parking on the drive. it does it on the next start, but ive never tried to 'make' it do it to test it
others may know different tho
Neil
Just did it with mine - hadn't fully stopped on the drive, put on handbrake, and beep and a warning.. obviously doesn't like it :p

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
This happens when you`re still moving ,another one is stick a 307 in reverse and open a back door inside lights flash on and off until you close door.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm still getting this annoying beep warning me of the handbrake. Its gone from doing it once every few weeks, to near enough every time I switch on the car. There aren't any ABS faults showing, and according to Peugeot this is the only thing that would generate the handbrake warning fault to come on. I did have an ABS sensor fault, but this was replaced weeks ago, and yet this handbrake warning fault still remains. Anyone any ideas that I could try as it is rather annoying everytime I start the car :mad:

·
Registered
535 Posts
I've had that and still get it from time to time - I think it happens as the car goes through its self-check procedure; there must be a point at which the computer has a choice to make a 'beep' or not and randomly makes that choice. My ABS is OK.

I suppose that there's a possibility that the contacts on the handbrake switch are not as clean as they might be.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mine doesn't do it until the car has actually started, can switch on ignition and it goes through the self-check OK, but will only beep once started.

I've tried looking under the handbrake cover, but the switch is out of reach and I don't know how to remove the console to get to it - doesn't look to be the same way as it was on the 306.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts