Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi.on pulling my handbrake on it seems like the passenger cable is gripping the disc but when i jack the car up and apply handbrake the driver rear wheel still spins!!does this mean its goosed or just needs adjusting.?its only on 4 clicks my handbrake?thanks

·
Registered
171 Posts
hi.on pulling my handbrake on it seems like the passenger cable is gripping the disc but when i jack the car up and apply handbrake the driver rear wheel still spins!!does this mean its goosed or just needs adjusting.?its only on 4 clicks my handbrake?thanks
On the wheel thats not engaging check that the end of the cable has not bust off, do the same at the handbrake pull too (you can view it if you remove the rear opening compartment on the center console).

If they look to be in tact i would disconnect it from the drum and get hold of it with a set of pliers and pull, if you pull it out of the sleeve you need to replace the cable on that side, if not then its the auto adjustment system (iirc).

The auto adjustment system is a bugger so setup lol so im sure someone will be along shortly to explain that one!

·
Registered
315 Posts
you haven't confirmed if the cable and the operating lever on the caliper move when the handbrake is applied. With handbrake OFF, use an adjustable spanner or similar as a lever to move the lever on the caliper. If it moves you've a cable problem, if no, it's seized.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
?

It looks like its seized as cable on caliper is moving but at the handbrake side in the car one cable is pulling and one is not.the bar in the centre wat attaches. Both cables is lop sided and unequal.thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts