Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Bosch Caliper on the rear of my 207 Hdi Sport.
My problem is balancing the brakes of the car.
I have a replaced the rear OS caliper as it was bust, i have replaced the brake cable to this Caliper. The old and new were the same length.
I have replaced the pads on the car.
I have pumped the pedal and pulled on the hand brake several times (40+ and 10+)

I have checked the NS cable it is the same length as the OS.

Both Calipers handbrake levers are fully retracted to the stop.

Now here is the Question, why is my OS cable around 10-15mm longer than the NS one. I have had to bulk the cable with washers as it gets to the cable guide tube to take out some slack.

Anyone help me?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
You have the wrong cable. Take it back to where you bought it, along with the old one, and tell them you want one that matches the original. Why did you change it btw?.

I have come across aftermarket cables that were the wrong length on more than one occasion.

Roger.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I have checked the NS cable it is the same length as the OS.

Both Calipers handbrake levers are fully retracted to the stop.

Now here is the Question, why is my OS cable around 10-15mm longer than the NS one. I have had to bulk the cable with washers as it gets to the cable guide tube to take out some slack.

Anyone help me?
I measured it it's the same length as the one I took off
It seems like conflicting statements to me. Have you checked the total length of both the inner cable and the outer sleeve. If the old and new cables were identical how come you have to pack the new one with spacers?.

Roger.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts