Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I've got a 54 plate 307 2.0 HDI 90 and my handbrake cable seems to have snapped, there was a bang when I pulled the handbrake on and the handle pulls right up now... When I'm driving if I pull the handbrake on gently then the car pulls to the left, so I'm guessing its snapped on the left hand link.

How easy is it to replace the cable?

Also, my headlights were out of alignment, I've managed to get them balanced but the light on the passenger side is much.... blurier, I guess..... and larger than the drivers side.

Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hey Guys,

I've got a 54 plate 307 2.0 HDI 90 and my handbrake cable seems to have snapped, there was a bang when I pulled the handbrake on and the handle pulls right up now... When I'm driving if I pull the handbrake on gently then the car pulls to the left, so I'm guessing its snapped on the left hand link.

Also, my headlights were out of alignment, I've managed to get them balanced but the light on the passenger side is much.... blurier, I guess..... and larger than the drivers side.

Any ideas?
For the headlight: Check the bulb, you might have missed the slot.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Hey Guys,

Any ideas?
for the handbrake remove the compartment at the back of the centre console where the handbrake is and that will give you access to where to tighten the cable, make sure it has not just jumped off the splitting part and also make sure its not just jumped of the rear brake calliper

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Guys,

Fixed my headlights thank you, the bulb wasnt fitted correctly!!

Now on to my brakes, if the cable has snapped do I need to touch my actually brakes to replace it or can I just remove the old one and fit a new one?

My MOT is due in a couple of weeks and need to get the brake cable done - I'm hoping it'll just go through again coz I'm getting fed up of spending £1000 a year keeping this on the road lol....

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hey Guys,

Fixed my headlights thank you, the bulb wasnt fitted correctly!!

Now on to my brakes, if the cable has snapped do I need to touch my actually brakes to replace it or can I just remove the old one and fit a new one?

My MOT is due in a couple of weeks and need to get the brake cable done - I'm hoping it'll just go through again coz I'm getting fed up of spending £1000 a year keeping this on the road lol....
Brake cables are quite easy, but you'll have to get underneath the car.

Let me try to get this right:

1. Buy handbrake cables, also those damn plastic clips that holds them.
2. Release the cables at the rear braks. Rather easy, simply bend with a screwdriver and release them.
3. Release the cables inside. Get into the backseat, remove the compartment in in the middle, remove the thing behind it (comes right off) and you'll see the cables. They are super easy to release.
4. Get under the car again. Use a hammer, tongs whatever to get the cables free. Hard part is where they go into the metal tube, I drilled a few holes in the plastic fitting and destroyed it.
5. Mounting new ones is pretty much reverse except less violence.

This is all rather easy, nothing you should bother paying anyone for. As long as you can get under the car, preferably on a car lift. I think it took me about 20 minutes to do both including adjustment.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Excellent, I bought one new cable and managed to get under my car and found that the drivers side cable has come off the brake caliper... it looks like when it enter the car by the handbrake adjuster it is on the passenger side... looks fairly easy - I've got a friend with a couple of little ramps, so I'm planning on pulling it on the ramps. I did see a cover which it looks like I need to remove but luckily the able is only about 1m long so it cant be too hard lol...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dragging

Hi,I have a 55 plate peugeot 307 diesel. I sometimes get a kind of drag whilst driving, not always.its hard to describe, there's no sound change,but it feels similar to getting a very powerful gust of wind head on for a split second,sometimes this lasts a minute or so,sometimes just the odd one.was wondering if anyone's experienced same thing and what's the cause.
Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts