Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'55 plate 407 sw estate - before I start ripping the console out, does my motor have the adjuster nut at bottom of the handbrake or is it fully self setting from rear end?

Ta
Gaz

·
Registered
3 Posts
I assume the your car adjusts the same as mine, my Haynes manual says up to 2008.
Just adjusted mine (54 plate). Quite a job taking the centre console apart, but the adjustment itself is easy. Raise the rear wheels off the ground. pull on the handbrake to 4 clicks and simply press the adjuster button, you feel the adjustment click. Makes a difference.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
As above if you are trying to fix excess travel it wont help if the calipers are not functioning properly.

I bought a citroen c2 for my daughter handbrake travel was tight but did not hold very well footbrake was soft turned out someone had adjusted cable tight when what they should have done was freed off the rear calipers and LOOSEN the cable.

Once cable was loosened right back i freed the caliper levers this allowed the adjusters inside the calipers to work and both footbrake and handbrake are fine.

Tightening the cable is rarely required.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was having to lift the handbrake almost fully up and it was still not holding properly. Recent new pads. So I followed the adjustment in the Haynes manual and now on 4 clicks, the handbrake holds well.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, not being ignorant, laptop been playing up - I managed to get it sorted as described in 1st reply, the pads and disc's need doing but I'm skint at moment, next job after trying to sort a major oil leak

Many thanks for your replies

1 - 6 of 6 Posts