Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen the LED thread, but I need something a bit different...

I have halogen front, with LED DRL, and my OCD goes berserk with the color temp difference. The obvious route would be changing the halogen bulbs in front lights - but which ones to get? I want them to be the same color as LEDs are (or at least as close as possible), and was wondering if somebody on this forum has already done so to offer some advice?

Thanx! :thumb:

·
Registered
899 Posts

Thanks for that Sinisha:thumb:, Auto Express often do these tests and they are very useful as a guide to what you are aiming to achieve.

bluedevil is trying to match the whiteness of the LED DRL's and I've found on testing that not all are a good colour match, although they may have a better distance result.

The spread of the beam is also an important factor so that the kerb and pavement are also well illuminated.

Another factor is longevity as usually the brighter the burn then the shorter the life.....

The Philips WhiteVision I found gave a brilliant beam both in distance and spread and was the closest match to the LED DRL's but that doesn't mean that the latest offerings are not better so if anyone has fitted any of these latest upgrades then please let us have your reviews....and photos for comparison...:thumb:

PS:...please post your reviews in the Headlights; Main beam/Dipped beam thread http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/308-2014-122/headlights;-main-beam-dipped-beam-202610/

Thank you.

·
Registered
978 Posts
What a curious review that Autoexpress is. It's not at all easy to read and contains absolutely no explanation or commentary. I was filled with questions at the end not least of which is what the beam score actually means.

I'd also like to know a great deal more about the Philips LED bulb that they plonked at the end, For instance why is there no rating? From what I've read elsewhere they're very good indeed but just not road legal. And the bulb pictured looks more like an H4 replacement than an H7.

FWIW I run Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited as these seemed to me to be the best for price against cost. The dipped beam is noticeably better but main beam, although better, doesn't have the same perceived percentage increase that dipped beam does. I still miss the HID dipped beam that my old C5 used to have.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I used the nightbreaker on my last 308. When I just changed the dip, I found it hard to see the difference when main beam was on, the dip was so good. So I changed the main beam too. That was certainly better, and the light was whiter than the original halogen. Didn't have LED DRLs on that car so couldn't compare.

Remember, if you have a blue envelope on a halogen bulb, you actually reduce the total light output, as you stop the warmer part of the light spectrum from escaping the glass.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts