Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took the plunge after researching for a good few months.

I was very tempted to use pro-Steve, but I really couldn't do without my car, as I would have had to post my ecu to Bristol, then wait for it to return.

The company I used was www.mobile-remaps.co.uk

I chose Rick as it was a personal service, no customer service centre trained by novices who would send any old local rep out. But Rick is genuinely helpful guy.

Very happy with the outcome, no slippy clutch, my baby 1.4 pulls like a train and is now safer pulling out at junctions and overtaking.

Acceleration is smooth, minimal lag and no smoke.

The car now revs freely past 3k revs and beyond whereas 3k was like hitting a brick wall before.

I honestly didn't realise how poor the car performed until now.

£200 for an extra 26hp and extra of torque.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Don't forget to tell your insurance company :(

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Clutch is fine at the moment, but not an issue if needs swapping at a later date.

Insurance has been taken care of.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I only had it done to keep up with traffic and to make pulling out at junctions safer.

I'm too old to be racing around town :)

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
I took the plunge after researching for a good few months.

I was very tempted to use pro-Steve, but I really couldn't do without my car, as I would have had to post my ecu to Bristol, then wait for it to return.

The company I used was ECU Remapping | DPF Removal | Diesel Tuning | ECU Remaps | Chip Tuning

I chose Rick as it was a personal service, no customer service centre trained by novices who would send any old local rep out. But Rick is genuinely helpful guy.

Very happy with the outcome, no slippy clutch, my baby 1.4 pulls like a train and is now safer pulling out at junctions and overtaking.

Acceleration is smooth, minimal lag and no smoke.

The car now revs freely past 3k revs and beyond whereas 3k was like hitting a brick wall before.

I honestly didn't realise how poor the car performed until now.

£200 for an extra 26hp and extra of torque.
I have 1.4 hdi 307 that I got remaped also blanked the egr and smashed the cat out and running on 100% veg oil drives just like 2l 90bhp

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Although it sounds like a wise idea, I don't think veg is for me.
I have done the last 20k on veg and no problems so far, some of it is new and some is recycled (I have an oil centrifuge and conical tank with an immersion heater in it to take fat and water out of it) I put the new straight in as it is

·
Registered
14,261 Posts
You must have balls off steel :)

I have run numerous cars on veg over the years including my current mazda bongo but I would never run a common rail engine on it !!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts